Getting Started with Zoom Web Client
The Zoom web client allows joining a Zoom meeting or webinar in a web browser without downloading any plugins or software. The web client can help users who are limited in what they can install or download, allowing them to use their web browser and join Zoom meetings without downloading the application.
How to start or join meetings and webinars with the web client
- Locate the meeting invite link from your email or calendar invitation.
- Click the join link to join the meeting.
- If a pop-up window prompts you to open or install the Zoom desktop client, click Cancel.
- At the bottom of the page, click the “Join from your Browser” link.Note: If you don’t see this option, make sure to enable Join From Browser.
- If prompted, sign in to your Zoom account. If you do not have a Zoom account, create a new account.You will be prompted to enter your name and the meeting password if it was not included in the join link.
- Click Join.
Tips for a successful Telemedicine visit
Have a quiet place for a visit.
- Clear communication is important when you are not in the same room as your physician. Avoid loud rooms so you can both hear each other.
Write down specific questions or concerns.
- Keep a pen and paper handy and jot down questions or concerns you have before your telehealth visit. It’s also nice to take notes from your meeting to help remember key points your provider may have brought up. Have a list of your medications handy.
Be ready to list your medications, the dosages, and how often you take them.
- This list should include your over-the-counter medicines and vitamins, even if you only take them as needed. Mention to your physician if there were any recent changes to your medications and if you need any refills.
Ask questions and repeat instructions
- This is your time with your provider, be sure to ask questions and repeat any instructions your health care provider gave you during your telehealth visit. By doing this, you ensure that you heard everything correctly.
Things to consider if you have an upcoming virtual visit:
- Select a spot with good lighting. Avoid sitting with your back to a window, as that can darken your video image.
- Log in to your appointment early to ensure your device, audio, and video are working properly.
- Make sure your web cam is hitting you at eye level.
Prerequisites for using the Web Client
Internet Explorer 10 or higher
Safari 10.0.602.1.50 or higher
Firefox 76 or higher
Google Chrome 53.0.2785 or higher
Chromium Edge 80 or higher